U.S.S. MT. KATMAI AE 16: 1969-1973: How many Turkeys does it take to feed a crew of 300?



Wednesday, November 22, 2006

How many Turkeys does it take to feed a crew of 300?

the obvious answer is to many, but one of the things that they neglected to tell me when I went cooking on my second tour was just how many turkeys does it take to feed a crew of 300. Add in the hams and real mashed potatoes (the only time we used real potatoes for mashed ws at Thanksgiving and Christmas), it meant that the new striker got to stay up all night and stoke the fires to cook all of the turkeys and hams needed.

And since I was the newest striker that meant me...Of course one year later I was the Watch Captain so I got to sleep in and we just happen to be in port in Hong Kong so most of the crew was ashore for the Christmas Holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who visits my website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home