U.S.S. MT. KATMAI AE 16: 1969-1973: ROAST BEEF AGAIN



Thursday, October 19, 2006

ROAST BEEF AGAIN



Yes roast beef served 22 different ways each week while underway...Yankee Pot Roast, Southern Roast, Pot Roast, New York Roast...And bitch bitch bitch....Roast Beef again, so we would change...Liver and onions (I hated that, Hell I hated cooking it) Rabbit (They swore it was rabbit but it looked like tiny little people sometimes) and then of course Lobster...

Lobster that you could easily use as a dangerous weapon...Of course it was Lobster Tails no whole lobsters, only admirals got the live stuff (well we had an admiral on board but his chopper crashed so he was stuck with us)

Then they would bitch if we didn't have Roast Beef for Midrats (4th meal of the day served at midnight)...Seems everyone loved roast beef sandwiches, but only at night, only for watch and we never had any left.

We could put out sliced ham, Bologna and three types of fresh cheeses, but the roast beef always got eaten and if we did not serve it they bitched.

Why, I don't know...I guess it was just the principle of the thing....I mean roast beef 22 times a week...But as I told one complainer we served eggs every morning for breakfast, why don't you complain about that...He responded by saying he did not eat eggs so it did not matter to him...Funny thing, I must have cooked 500 dozen eggs a voyage and never ate one....I hate eggs too, but I love roast beef....

The moral of this story is...

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger theghostpainter said...

It is also very spicy and hot....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home